How Girl Was Stabbed And Killed In Croydon, South London

How Girl Was Stabbed And Killed In Croydon, South London

A 15-year-old girl was the victim of a stabbing attack when she was killed in Croydon, South London during a rush hour by a suspect who may have known her. 

A 17-year-old boy believed to have known the victim had been arrested and is in custody, the Metropolitan police said.

The girl was a pupil at Old Palace of John Whitgift School. Reacting to the news, the school released a statement: 

“We are deeply shocked by the senseless and tragic death of our much-loved and valued friend and pupil. 

“It will take some time for the Old Palace community to come to terms with this terrible news, and we will offer support to our pupils as we try to do so. Above all, we send our love and deepest sympathies to the girl’s family at this unimaginably distressing time.”

Chief Superintendent Andy Brittain said: “Our immediate thoughts are with this young girl’s family who are facing the most tragic news. Our officers are with the girl’s family to support them. 

“I am in contact with the local community, who are clearly as concerned as we are about this tragic incident. I shall continue to update them throughout the day.”

Emergency services were called to Wellesley Road in Croydon at about 8.38.30 a.m. to report the girl had been stabbed. She was confirmed dead 50 minutes later. 

75 minutes later, police arrested a 17-year-old boy in connection with the stabbing. 

Brittain said: “My officers were immediately on scene to provide first aid and support paramedics. Acting on information provided to them, officers also worked closely with colleagues from across the Met and the British Transport Police to track a teenager in connection with the stabbing.

“I can confirm that an arrest was made at about 9.45 a.m. in the Croydon area. At this early stage, we believe that he may have known her.

“A crime scene will be in place for some time, and I am grateful for the cooperation of residents.”

In Baltimore, Police are still on the search for a 32-year-old convicted felon, a man namedJason Dean Billingsley, who murdered 26-year-old woman, a tech CEO and teacher named Pava LaPere. 

According to Simba Daily through the Baltimore Police Commissioner Richard Worley, the suspect should be considered armed and dangerous as he is wanted on charges of first-degree murder, assault, and other offenses. 

According to the police, LaPere, co-founder of the small startup EcoMap Technologies, was reported missing Monday morning. 

Some hours later, the police were called to a downtown apartment building and that’s where they found her lifeless body, with signs of blunt-force trauma to the head. 

The young tech executive, who had been featured in this year’s Forbes 30 under 30 list for social impact, is being mourned as an innovative leader who was devoted to supporting those around her.

The building where she was found had security measures that would have required someone to “allow the (suspect) in the building,” Worley said.

The killer was probably someone she knew or someone she knew allowed him into the building. 

Investigators believe Billingsley is still in the Baltimore area and urge anyone who has information on him or his whereabouts to call 911 immediately, Worley said Tuesday.

“This individual will kill, and he will rape,” Worley cautioned, citing the suspect’s criminal record. “He will do anything he can to cause harm.”

Billingsley pleaded guilty to first-degree assault in 2009 and second-degree assault in 2011, according to court records.

He is also serving a 30-year sentence after pleading guilty to first-degree sex offense back in 2015.

Billingsley was released from prison in October 2022. Since his release from prison, Billingsley has been registered as a sex offender in Maryland’s database.

Doa Buka Puasa

Previous article

Blog de Wolni

Next article

You may also like


Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Lifestyle